To enroll in classes online, you must have access to a computer or Ipad with the following minimum requirements:
A PC running a Microsoft Windows Operating System ( please note, release) or Ipad with the operating system’s minimum requirements for processor, memory, and hard drive (See the Microsoft or Apple website for minimum requirements)*
At least 10.0 GB of free hard-drive space (additional space may be needed for multimedia files) . DVD-ROM drive or CD-ROM drive
- Microsoft Office 2008 or IPad app. and a more recent version of the Microsoft Office software suite such as Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, which is available as a free, as a discount to students at IOHS.‡
- A current antivirus and antispyware application that is updated regularly
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or a more recent version, or Firefox 5.0 or a more recent version of Chrome or the IPad Safari.
- Adobe® Reader® 8.0 or a more recent version (free download)
- Adobe® Flash Player 9.0 or a more recent version (free download)
- Sun Java 2 SDK (Java 1.5) or a more recent version for PC (free download)
- Classic Java (MRJ 2.2.5) or a more recent version for Mac (free download)
Additional Technology Requirements for Courses
Along with the Technology Requirements listed in the Catalog, all students should review their syllabus within their Couse Management System (Moodle) and be aware of any additional software and hardware requirements for their classes prior to enrollment.